Careers Australia offers a range of initiatives to help ensure our students graduate with the best chance of success in the workforce.
At Careers Australia, we are committed to providing our students with high quality vocational education and training so that you graduate with the skills and qualifications you need to achieve your career goals and secure a job.
In addition to the education and support you receive from our experienced educators, we offer two programs that will help prepare you for the workforce.
The first is the Career Development Program - a series of interactive lessons available to all students on Blackboard (our student learning portal) throughout your course. It covers topics such as:
- Navigating job search platforms and identifying suitable jobs
- How to write a strong resume
- Interview skills and commonly asked questions
These online lessons are designed to be short and fun. You can access them anywhere, anytime, and refer back to them when necessary.
The second initiative is the Industry Placement Program.
This offers all Diploma students the opportunity to apply for a hands-on industry placement in a sector relevant to your course and interests, provided your course does not include a compulsory vocational placement.
- The placements are facilitated by leading placement provider Australian Internships, which has almost 20 years’ experience in the industry.
- Students will be eligible to apply for an Industry Placement when they are at least half way through their studies.
- All students will be given guidance and support throughout the entire application and placement process by dedicated Careers Australia and Australian Internships supervisors.
This means all eligible Careers Australia Diploma students have the opportunity for professionally organised and monitored industry experience while they study, giving them an extra advantage over other graduates when looking for work.